The new Impulse® 12D powered enclosure features a true ribbon driver and a 12" field-replaceable dual voice coil premium neodymium speaker. A Woofer Servo circuit monitors back-EMF and controls cone motion, ensuring the cone's movement mirrors the driving signal from the power amp, and resulting in very low distortion, high power handling and rock-solid low-frequency attack. The advanced new ribbon driver--an exclusive Peavey design based on the ribbons used in the Peavey Versarray™ line array provides 90° H x 30° V coverage, with sonically transparent reproduction.
Utilizing Peavey's revolutionary IPR™ power amplifier technology, the Impulse 12D produces 1,200 watts of efficient power while weighing a very lightweight 39 lbs. IPR amplifiers are designed with a lightweight switch-mode power supply and a high-speed class D topology that yields the highest audio resolution and efficiency available.
The Input section features two input channels and a line output, with a mix of I/O options such as combination XLR-1/4" jacks, RCA and install-ready Phoenix connections. Input channels 1 and 2 also have mic/line source switches and gain controls. The Auto-Off function automatically shuts off the power when it no longer detects a signal, while the Line Out allows the user to chain multiple units or send the input signal to another source.
The DynaQ™ section offers advanced tone controls such as Bass Enhancer, which is an overall loudness boost; a Music/Speech switch that provides optimized EQ settings for each audio type; and Contour, specially configured for program music. A module bay allows for future expansion including Wireless I/O, Delay/Time Adjustment, Mixer Expander, Ethernet I/O and more.
The Impulse 12D is housed in a durable, injection-molded enclosure that includes a pole mount, three flying points and a tilt-back design to facilitate use as a personal monitor.
- - Auto off control
- - Two independently mixed input channels, with level controls and mic/line switch
- - 12" field-replaceable dual voice coil premium neodymium speaker
- - Two-way, bi-amplified, optimized active servo drive loudspeaker system
- - Proprietary 120 mm ribbon driver on a low-coloration wave guide
- - Combo XLR-1/4" and Phoenix connectors on channel 1
- - Combo XLR-1/4" and RCA connectors on channel 2
- - XLR, 1'4" TRS and Phoenix outputs on Line Out
- - Woofer Servo technology
- - Exclusive DDT™ anti-clipping protection
- - Bass Enhancement circuit provides automatic equal loudness compensation
- - Mounting bay for optional input function modules
- - Rugged polypropylene molded enclosure with tilt-back design for monitor use
- - Pole mount molded-in
- - top, bottom and side flying point inserts
- - LED control switch: Power/signal/Off
- - 1,200 watts from Peavey IPR(YM) power section
- - Weight Unpacked: 39.68 lb(18 kg)
- - Weight Packed: 44.09 lb(20 kg)
- - Width Packed: 18.5"(46.99 cm)
- - Height Packed: 27.625"(70.1675 cm)
- - Depth Packed: 18.5"(46.99 cm)
|Generate Cut Sheet
|High Res (For Print) Low Res (For Web)||Manual|
Customer and Technical Support
If you have questions concerning product operation, support and warranty, contact one of our Customer Support Representatives toll free at 877-732-8391, by email at email@example.com, or by using our Forums.
To order replacement parts, please call us at 877-732-8391 (toll free in the US) or 601-483-5365. The Parts Department extension is 1386. Our business hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central Time, Monday-Friday. Hold times may be long during peak hours. If you have to wait on hold, feel free to leave a name and number and one of our Parts Sales Coordinators will contact you as soon as possible. Payment can be made via credit card, or we can ship COD to a place of business only.
For parts pricing and availability inquiries only, email the Parts Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
To locate an authorized Peavey Service Center near you, click here.
For assistance/status of repairs for Peavey products and scheduling factory repair appointments, email email@example.com
Marketing Contact Information
To communicate with Peavey's Marketing Department concerning marketing or branding opportunities,
Product Development Contact Information
To contact the product development department directly,
For any comments or concerns regarding existing Peavey products, please contact our customer service department,
Corporate Contact Information
Peavey Electronics Corporation
5022 Hartley Peavey Drive
Meridian, MS 39305
Customer Phone: 601-483-5365
Peavey Electronics LTD
Great Folds Road, Oakley Hay Corby
Northants NN18 9ET England
Tel: +44 (0) 1536 461234
Fax: +44 (0) 1536 747222