Winter NAMM: Peavey Launches the All-Tube 3120™ Guitar Amplifier
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Peavey proudly announces the debut of the new Peavey 3120™ high-gain guitar amplifier head, a versatile three-channel amp with 120 watts of power and a trio of distinct voices capable of producing guitar tones from crisp and clean to total high-gain saturation.
The Peavey 3120 gives rock guitar players a triple-threat tone onslaught with generous amounts of gain, 120 watts of power and three fully independent channels of all-tube, tone-shaping satisfaction. The Lead and Rhythm channels feature gain and volume controls and an active three-band EQ, while the Clean channel offers nicely rounded tones crafted by a passive three-band EQ and volume control. A global master volume governs the amount of power put out by its four EL34 or 6L6GC power-amp tubes, while the gain controls on the Lead and Rhythm channels adjust the amount of 12AX7 gain saturation.
The 3120 rear panel hosts a unique Peavey custom tone control feature: a three-setting damping switch that alters speaker resonance to create tight, medium and loose tones, from a precise punch for rhythmic attack to a full, widely resonant sound. Also on the rear panel is a footswitchable effects loop with dedicated send and return controls and a line out with level control.
The Peavey 3120 guitar amplifier will be available in Q1 2009 from authorized Peavey retailers.
- 120 watts into 16, 8 or 4 ohms (switchable)
- Four EL34 and four 12AX7 tubes
- Power amp switchable to use EL34 or 6L6GC tubes
- Three footswitchable channels
- Clean channel features volume, bass, mid and treble controls
- Rhythm channel features gain, volume, bass, mid and treble controls
- Lead channel features gain, volume, bass, mid and treble controls
- Master volume control
- Damping switch for tight, medium or loose response
- Footswitchable effects loop with send and return controls
- Line out with level control
- Made in the U.S.A.
- U.S. MSRP $1324.99