Winter NAMM: Peavey Updates Popular PR™ Series Powered Loudspeakers With Lightweight, Class-D Power
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Peavey has updated the best-selling PR Series powered loudspeakers with its new class D amplifier topology for even lighter weight on the new PR 15D and PR 12D models.
The Peavey PR 15D and PR 12D are two-way powered loudspeaker systems engineered with a bi-amplified class D power section that drives a 12" woofer with a robust 150 watts continuous and a 1.4" titanium-diaphragm RX™14 compression driver with another 50 watts continuous. This high-speed amp topology yields the highest audio resolution and efficiency available, and has helped the PR Series shed 20% more weight than previous models, down to a mere 37 lbs. for the PR 15P and 28 lbs. for the PR 12P.
The PR 15D and PR 12D are capable of up to 120 dB peak SPL and feature Peavey’s exclusive DDT™ speaker protection, which virtually eliminates audible power amplifier clipping. A built-in, heavy-duty crossover increases reliability at high power levels.
A Woofer Servo monitors the woofer for back-EMF that is not a result of the drive signal and compensates for the unwanted woofer response in the overall signal. The result is a well-controlled and precise sound with excellent low-end frequency handling. A Constant Loudness (Fletcher-Munson) circuit accentuates bass and treble frequencies at low listening volume levels to provide additional clarity and uniform sound reproduction across the volume spectrum.
The Peavey PR 15D and PR 12D are available now from authorized Peavey retailers.
PR 15D and PR 12D
- Bi-amplified Class D powered system with a total of 200 continuous watts
- Exclusive DDT™ speaker protection on both amps
- 15" heavy duty woofer with 2-3/8” voice coil and neodymium magnet (12” on PR 12D)
- Woofer Servo
- Automatic Constant Loudness (Fletcher-Munson) circuit
- 1.4" titanium RX™ 14 compression driver coupled to a 90° by 40° constant directivity horn
- Peak SPL up to 120 dB with music
- Built-in heavy-duty crossover
- Combo jack with 1/4" TRS & female XLR mic- or line-level balanced input (switchable)
- Two 1/4" phone jacks for link-out/direct-in capability
- Molded-in horn with exceptionally smooth response and pattern control
- Top and sides handgrips
- Pole mount molded-in
- Top and bottom flying point inserts
- Made in the U.S.A.
- 37 lbs. for PR 15D; 28 lbs. for PR 12D
- U.S. MSRP $599.99 on PR 15D; $499.99 on PR 12D