Winter NAMM: Peavey Expands Versarray™ Line-Array Series With Versarray 212
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Winter NAMM) Peavey proudly introduces the new three-way Versarray 212 line-array enclosure, featuring planar ribbon drivers, neodymium woofers and exclusive adjustment technology to set a new benchmark for high fidelity, high-level sound reinforcement.
Engineered for optimum coverage in large performance venues with companion Versarray 218 and 118 subwoofers, the new Versarray 212 enclosure offers extreme versatility in the most demanding sound-reinforcement applications. This three-way enclosure features two 12" Black Widow® woofers with dual 4" ribbon-wire voice coils and a symmetrical-drive neodymium magnet design, plus ten 2.5" Neo Midrange drivers and four exclusive waveguide-mounted planar ribbon drivers with a flat radiating surface for the highest possible fidelity. The Versarray 212 is rated at 4,000 watts peak handling for the low frequencies and 800 watts peak each for the midrange and high frequencies.
The Versarray system allows maximum articulation from each 13-ply Baltic birch, 2x12 enclosure with Peavey's exclusive bracket-and-pin flying hardware. This highly flexible rigging system allows users to adjust these systems incrementally from 0 to 10 degrees, providing a multitude of array possibilities.
Peavey's patent-pending Ram Air Cooling™ design, a dissipation process that radiates heat away from the voice coil and speaker cone, works in conjunction with neodymium-loaded, 12" NEO Black Widow® loudspeakers featuring dual 4" voice coils for greater efficiency and power handling, and overall improved performance over conventional cone-type transducers.
Since debuting in 2006, the innovative Peavey Versarray line-array system has been featured at major concert venues such as the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, Chicago Blues Festival and Georgia's famed AthFest, and in world-class music venues like Ground Zero Blues Club, the Mississippi Delta blues juke joint co-owned by Morgan Freeman. The Versarray is also the exclusive sound system of the Jägermeister® Mobile Stage, which was an official stage of Ozzfest® 2007, the largest traveling music festival in North America.
Peavey Versarray 212 line-array enclosure will be available from authorized Peavey retailers in Q2 2008. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
· 4,000 watts peak power handling, low-frequency section (2,000 watts program)
· 800 watts peak power handling, mid-frequency section (400 watts program)
· 800 watts peak power handling, high-frequency section (400 watts program)
· 90° horizontal x 15° vertical dispersion per one cabinet
· Three-way tri-amp ribbon line source array system
· Dual 12" Neo Black Widow® 4" dual VC Woofers
· 10 Peavey special-design 2.5" Neo Midrange speakers in a compound line array source
· Four Peavey custom Planar Ribbon Neo Drivers on a manifold line source
· Easy aiming angle adjustment rigging system
· Vertical Adjustment Bracket Set included with cabinet
· Sound Guard™ midrange and tweeter protection
· Inputs are two Neutrik® Speakon® 8-pin jacks in parallel, and four Neutrik Speakon 4-pin jacks, one set in parallel for the lows and one set in parallel for the midrange and highs
· 13-ply Baltic birch enclosure finished in black or white
· Perforated steel grille finished with powder-coat finish
· Frequency response: 90 Hz to 20 kHz
· U.S. MSRP $4399.99