The Financial/Cost Accountant position consists of a major emphasis on cost accounting with responsibilities in the daily and monthly financial processes. This position will be responsible for all aspects of inventory analysis and it overall value, financial and management reporting along with functions related to other areas of the general accounting processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Review and analyze inventory reports for accuracy and validity, conduct research and generate reports that pertain to cost analysis, variance and profitability by various parameters.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales to budget, cost and inventory.
- Assist in month end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, prepare reconciliations and inventory roll forward.
- Assist with budget preparation, system updates and review.
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others.
- Assist with cycle count/physical inventories.
- Train and develop as management support for Controller.
- Maintain internal documentation and procedures.
- Assist with special ad hoc projects.
- Follow all company policies and procedure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good business acumen.
- Must have a strong Cost systems background.
- Strong, sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Detail oriented
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university; or eight to ten years of equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of post-education related experience.
COMMUNICATION / LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with personnel in other departments.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distributions, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proficient experience with internet and search engines (i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome)
- SAP ECC v.6 experience a plus.
- Strong Excel skills required. Proficient experience with Pivot tables a plus
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) certification is a plus.
- Position Type: This is a full-time position.
- Core Work Schedule: Core days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Non-core Work Schedule: Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10% local travel possible.
- Relocation Assistance: None
- Primary Work Location: Corporate office
Peavey offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and tremendous opportunities.
To be considered for this position you must submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence. Send to:
Human Resources Department (ER 17-006)
Peavey Electronics Corporation
5022 Hartley Peavey Drive
Meridian, MS, 39305-5022
E-mail: [email protected]